During this course and upon completion of the four (4)
hours of training, the officer will learn how, why and when to use OC in a
variety of situations.
Upon Completion of
This Course the Officer Will Be Able To:
- Identify the effect of OC on human beings.
- Identify the difference between OC, CS and CN.
- Demonstrate the proper location the OC unit will
need to be carried.
- Demonstrate the proper stance during the field
- Demonstrate the proper stance for the Ready
- Demonstrate the proper draw with the OC unit.
- Identify the Resistance Control Continuum and know
where the application of OC is to be placed on the Continuum.
- Deliver verbal direction and commands before,
during and after spray.
- Deliver spray techniques during practical
- Demonstrate the proper way to retain the OC
- Demonstrate the proper way to disarm a subject
armed with OC.
- Identify the ways to decontaminate an area and
people sprayed with OC.
- Identify the first-aid procedures available for
administering to subjects that have been exposed to OC.